Pages

Monday 26 May 2008

Special reward card for 'Daily Essentials'

Everybody loves a good deal and whilst browsing through the cinema listings for Singapore's famous Golden Village I spotted the 'GV Senior Citizen MOVIE CARD'.

Having learned that Singapore's government is very sympathetic to the over 5o's, I naturally saw this offer as a potential benefit to my somewhat limited Singapore social life and my wallet. I read on with interest rapidly increasing and the pulse rate racing ahead as a bargain was about to be snaffled up!

'GV rewards you with Daily Essentials!' What could this mean? A free daily essential could be really good for me!

'Get 1 stamp for every movie ticket purchased. Collect 9 stamps'. This is the easiest bargain I could take advantage of since arriving. Almost as good a feeling as my reluctance to leave a tip to bar waiters in hotels in the US; especially in Charlotte NC.

'to redeem for 1 kg of Premium rice'. Not just rice it's Premium Rice for goodness sake.

'or 18 stamps for a bottle of Essence of Chicken!' Blimey; it gets better.

Now I know what my daily essentials are I'm on my way to the Golden Village to join the queue as you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment