Pages

Saturday 7 June 2008

Update on the house

As far as I can work out the main thrust of work this week has been concentrating on making the three bedrooms upstairs and tiling the floor and walls in the downstairs bathroom. There has been some effort spent on making the kitchen, but how much I don't know. I know the outside rendering has been painted (what colour?) and the inside staircase will not go until the last minute otherwise it will be damaged. My guess is that they're working on the plumbing and electrics as well, but what do I know?

Khamma tells me that work will stop on the 15 June for a few days because the builders have to go and work in the rice fields to plant out this year's seedlings. This will take two or three days but we are still on schedule for an 18 July grand finish.

The 'make tall' wall still hasn't been repaired and it has been raining a lot again this week. I hope I am fussing over nothing but they re-assure me the house isn't going to float away or fall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment