Pages

Sunday 15 June 2008

Update on the house

I'm not certain what the exact progress is but I do know Khamma has been moving 'din' (soil) for the last four or five days. Where it is going to and what its purpose is I do not know and cannot imagine. There must be a new mountain in northern Thailand by now. I believe the ground floors have been laid and I think the staircase is in place. I am not sure what stage the kitchen is at, but I do know the electrician was wiring the bedrooms today. What do I know? Nothing by the sound of it!
However, rice planting is now in full swing so house building is a low priority for the next three days. I arrive in the village on Thursday and I am very excited to see the progress from last time and if it matches up to what I think Khamma has telling me.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog.

    I have enjoyed the last hour reading your post. I am also in the midst of finishing a new home in Rattanawapee near Nong Khai and have pretty much gone through much the same although our home is teak and colourbond not brick.

    I have worked and lived in Singapore on and off for many years, its a fantastic place a great point to be based from.

    Make sure you make it over to Tioman Island in Malaysia, a very beautiful island with some of the best diving in Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lloyd. I am pleased you enjoyed my ramblings. Chok dee and hope to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete