Pages

Saturday 26 April 2008

Arrived in Singapore

After a brief visit to New York to hand over the last bits of a project I caught a flight to Bangkok on Thursday 17 April at 11.30am. Seventeen hours later it was Friday 18 April at 4pm in the afternoon and I was greeted by Khamma who had flown in from Ubon at the same time.
We had a great weekend and spoilt ourselves silly in the Marriott Spa Resort, probably the finest hotel in Thailand.
Soon enough we had to go our separate ways and Khamma went back to Thamuang and I travelled on to Hong Kong to meet my new colleagues in the Asia Pacific head office. All this jet setting around sounds exciting, and if I am honest it is!
After a couple days getting my head around what is required in the new job it was on to Singapore, my final destination. My first impressions of Singapore are the humidity and the lush vegetation of tropical plants kept in immaculate condition by armies of gardeners. It is also an important port and this morning I counted 80 container ships anchored in the bay waiting to enter the docks.
My accommodation was at first a little disappointing but I am getting used to living on the 15th floor. I think the two Olympic sized swimming pools in the private gardens of Bayshore Park and the nearby East Coast Road beach front have helped a little bit. Well quite alot actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment