Pages

Saturday 26 April 2008

So now I'm here, what about why I'm here?

First and foremost I'm here because I have a job of work to do. The company I work for and my boss in particular have pulled out a lot of stops to get me to Singapore. There is a real need to get worthwhile systems into our business in Singapore airport and if I'm not successful then I'm on my way back home.
After Khamma and I met we built up our relationship via emails and telephone calls and text messages. In September 2007 we had a short holiday in China and we realised that maybe we did have a future together. We had to find a way to get closer because being 8,000 miles apart isn't ideal. There are several possible ways of doing this but they usually add up to doing something drastic like packing in the job, and that means the money dries up and that puts a strain on the relationship. The other way is for Khamma to come to the UK, but the immigration people have devised ways that won't let that happen too easily and in any case my job involves travelling so much it was a non starter. So being seconded to Singapore is ideal because all these questions are answered. Of course, I am sorry to leave my parents, daughter and friends in the UK, but this is just about as good as it can get. Great job, closer to Khamma, and as a bonus the weather is better as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment