Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Tesco Credit Card - Normal Service Resumes

After my huffing and puffing on the Tesco Customer Care Service, I can now reveal that normal service has resumed.  I was able to contact the fraud department by phone, by reverse charge call and discuss the transaction which resulted in freezing my card.
You will by now be completely bored with my ranting about Tesco, so to bring the shenanigans to a close it appears Tesco requested their store in Ubon to call them when the transaction was first transmitted.  The Tesco Thai store policy does not allow this, so the call was not made and the card frozen.
For my part when I called the UK I used the international dialling code 00.  It is in fact 001.  Better still I should have entered '+'. 
If both these events had happened in the first place, we could have prevented the issue.  Tesco apologise and so do I.
Now let's move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment