Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Tesco Credit Card - Failing Customer Service

The magic of Twitter is that big companies should respond quickly to bad publicity.  Eager to try out the theory I posted a Tweet and copied Paul Wise the money expert at the BBC.  That should set the cat amongst the pigeons!
Sure enough, within twenty minutes Tesco Customer Support tweeted back through a 'Direct Message' that they want my contact number in Thailand.  I sent it back by return and waited.  And waited. 
A second tweet arrived saying they could not get through on that number, did I have an alternative.  I sent the second number, and waited and waited.
Eventually a third tweet arrived from the customer support unit saying they could not get through on this number either and could I send them my customer number.  I sent this back and suggested we communicate by email.
The fourth tweet from them said "we have passed your information to TescoBank and they will be in touch many thanks".
I waited by the email in a vain hope that the powerful and resourceful Tesco Bank could find it within themselves to send me an email asking me why I wanted to talk to them.
After an hour of futile waiting, I sent a public tweet out to my followers, including Tesco, that they still had not contacted me.
A response from the Customer Care tweeter said "sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are still looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible".
Looking into what?  I only want to talk to them.
It is now 24 hours later and Tesco's still has not contacted me.  I am only a customer and if I treated my customers at Hay Tarn Wills (www.haytarnwills.co.uk) in the same way, I soon wouldn't have any. 
Still Tesco Bank is going to be one less customer pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment